Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled some of our most frequently asked questions below. We hope we’ve answered all of them, but if not, just give us a call on 0818 242 012.
Health and Safety in Hotels
Due to Covid 19 Pandemic our hotels have implemented measures to mitigate any potential risks and are following the recommended guidelines from the HSE, WHO and the Irish Government Regulations. These measurements are effective from 29th of June 2020 and will be in place until future notice. Presently all hotels require pre-booking of all meals and swimming pool sessions in advance. Contact the hotel you booked directly to book in your leisure centre or breakfast/dinner booking. Every hotel has implemented their own unique steps, therefore please contact hotels directly to hear more about their policies. Some of the measures hotels have taken include:
- Introducing breakfast time slots which need to be pre-booked, to reduce capacity in the dining areas
- Offering a ‘breakfast in room’ option
- Leisure centres are only open within hotels if they are safe to do so
- Pre-booking required for swimming pools & gyms
- No changing rooms or shower facilities in leisure centres
- No use of sauna/steam room and jacuzzi in leisure centres
- No kids club
- Freely available hand sanitizer
- Express check in & check out
- Social distancing in public areas
About Today FM Breaks
1. What kind of breaks are available?
You can book the following breaks with us:
- B&B Hotel Breaks: 1, 2 or 3-night breaks in 3 and 4-star hotels.
- B&B + Dinner Hotel Breaks: 1, 2 or 3-night breaks in 3 and 4-star hotels.
- The Superior Selection: 1, 2 or 3-night B&B breaks in premium 4 and 5-star hotels.
- Holiday Home Breaks: 7 night breaks.
2. What hotel room types are available?
Our hotels offer the following room types:
- Double rooms (one double bed) accommodating up to 2 adults sharing.
- Twin rooms (two single beds) accommodating up to 2 adults sharing.
- Family rooms (one double bed, one single bed and a camp bed) accommodating 2 adults and up to 2 children under the age of 10. Please note, availability of family rooms is limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
3. What are the standards of hotels and holiday homes on offer?
All hotels and holiday homes participating in the Today FM Breaks promotion are Fáilte Ireland approved. Hotels on offer include 3, 4 and 5-star properties.
Booking a Break
1. How can I book a Today FM Hotel Break?
You can book online on www.todayfmbreaks.com, or you can call our Travel Experts on 0818 242 012. Opening hours are, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m., excluding public holidays. Note: National call rates apply.
2. How do I search for a break online?
Visit www.todayfmbreaks.com and enter the following information into the search box:
- Enter your preferred hotel or location.
- Enter your dates, number of nights and people travelling.
- Click "Search Breaks".
3. How do I know what's included in my hotel break?
Your hotel booking will always include either breakfast only, or breakfast and dinner.
You can see this by referencing the offers available at your selected hotel. Simply select whichever works best for you!
4. How do I know if the hotel has the facilities I require (e.g. parking, babysitting services, etc.)?
Our website provides you with information on the facilities available under each hotel description. If the information you require is not specified, please contact our Call Centre.
5. How do I know that my reservation is confirmed?
When you complete your reservation online, an instant on-screen confirmation will appear. It will show your reservation details including your Booking Reference Number. We advise that you print out this document for your records. If you book by phone, you will be given a Booking Reference Number at the end of the booking process. A confirmation email will also be sent if an email address is provided. Simply present this booking confirmation to the hotel at check-in.
6. Can I make a last minute booking?
You can book most of our breaks online up to 24 hours before your arrival date. For the following breaks, however, you must contact our Call Centre:
a. Really last minute bookings – up to 12.00 noon on the date of arrival.
b. Holiday home bookings within 2 days of arrival.
Finding an Offer to Suit Your Needs
1. I only want to see hotels with WiFi. Is that possible? How can I do that?
Absolutely! When you have completed your search, you will see a list of hotels. This list can be filtered by clicking on the "Filter Results" button at the top of the page.
2. I am a single traveller; do you have a room for me?
Yes. Firstly, enter a location/hotel, the date you want to travel, number of nights and then simply enter "1 adult" into your search, and our website will return suitable rooms to you. A single traveller can avail of any of our offers at the normal price.
3. We have a family with 3 children; do you have an offer for us?
Yes, we do. Holiday homes are the most appropriate accommodation for your party size. If you wish to stay in a hotel, however, please call us and our Team will do their very best to help.
4. Can I book a break on a Bank Holiday or during other special event periods?
Offers are subject to availability and while it is year-round, it may be limited during bank holidays and other peak periods.
1. How do I pay for my Today FM Break?
You can pay for your break using your debit or credit card.
2. Can I pay for my stay at the hotel with a different method than the one used for my booking deposit?
Yes, you can pay at the hotel using the payment method of your choice that is accepted by the hotel. The payment details taken at the time of booking only apply to your booking deposit.
Accommodation Policies and Facilities
1. What do I need to bring to the hotel?
Simply bring a copy of your booking confirmation email to the hotel.
2. What are the check-in and check-out times of a hotel?
The check-in and check-out times differ by hotel and these are featured on our website, but as a guide, the check-in time is normally after 2 p.m. and check-out is before noon.
3. If I arrive late at the hotel, can I still check-in?
Yes. Our advice is that you should contact the hotel directly, but our bookings are guaranteed which means that the hotels are obliged to keep the room for the first night. If you do not show up for your break, the hotel is entitled to charge you for one night's accommodation.
Changing and/or Cancelling Your Break
1. How can I cancel my booking?
Should you need to cancel your booking, you may do so on www.todayfmbreaks.com using the "My Bookings" tool at the top of the website, or via the Call Centre on 0818 242 012. All cancellations will result in the loss of your booking deposit and processing fee. Cancellations made within the minimum cancellation period (less than 48 hours prior to 6 p.m. on arrival date) will also incur a late cancellation charge by the accommodation provider. See Terms and Conditions for more details.
2. How can I change my booking?
For changes to bookings, you will need to contact our Call Centre on 0818 242 012. For more details, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
3. What if your Call Centre is closed and I need to cancel?
You should contact the hotel directly if it is an urgent cancellation, near to your arrival date and cancel your booking online using the "My Bookings" function found on our website.
4. How do I know that my booking has been cancelled?
After you have cancelled your booking, your cancellation will be noted and logged on our system. If you have supplied an email address at the time of booking, you will receive an email notifying you that your booking has been cancelled. The same reference number issued to your booking will apply to your cancellation.
Is your system secure?
Yes. Today FM Breaks uses the latest encryption technologies and payment processors to ensure all transactions are secure. Today FM Breaks is PCI Level 1 compliant which means that Today FM Breaks has adhered to global security standards that are designed to protect payment card information during and after a financial transaction.